Tuesday, March 24, 2015

"Superlife, The 5 Forces That Will Make You Healthy, Fit, and Eternally Awesome"

Hey Everyone,

Tonight, I want to share with you one of the greatest books I have read to date about being healthy in our current world.  A world that is full of GMO's, pollution, bad water, and deceptive food labeling.  I will be the first to tell you that I am no expert in nutrition, but I have done my fair share of research and learning about it on my own.


I was introduced to the book "Superlife" through Team Beachbody.  The author of the book, Darin Olean, is actually the guy who created Shakeology.  Darin travels all over the world to find the world's most powerful superfoods in their most natural habitats.  This blog post is not about Shakeology, but as a person who has been drinking it for a year and a half, I wanted to learn more about the man who created it.



Now to get to the good stuff!!  As I mentioned in the title this book talks specifically about 5 forces that greatly impact our health and well-being.  Those five forces are Nutrition, Hydration, Oxygenation, Alkalization, and Detoxification.  He goes into the science behind all of these things and how they affect your body.  Before reading this book, I thought I had a good idea of what it meant to be healthy, but this book has totally opened my eyes to so many more things!

You see, when Darin was 10, he had developed a ton of problems. He was labeled with a learning disability, hyperactiving, a thyroid problem, etc….  He was able to conquer all of these problems with these 5 forces, and this is why he is so passionate about what he does.  I can really relate because I dealt with panic attacks, that were caused by a reaction of something not lining up in my body because my body was lacking something. After changing the way I ate, and supplementing with vitamins, I knocked out the panic attacks in a month.  I was amazed at what happened solely because of nutrition.  This is why I am so passionate about getting the word out and helping people.

I want to give you just a few quotes from the book to whet your appetite.  This one comes from the Nutrition Chapter:  "Our microbes even influence our moods and emotional state.  It's worthwhile to consider changing your diet as a means to improve your outlook on life."  In this chapter on Nutrition he talks about how to feed your body, what happens in your cells when you eat, raw food, what to buy at the store, how to know if it's good for you, and in the back even gives you a whole index of what to have in your pantry, what kinds of foods are high in different vitamins, and a 10 day eating plan that your body will love you for!  There really is so much valuable information in this chapter.  I guarantee you will not look at food the same way.

Another force is Hydration.  "Drink a big glass of water when you feel tired, fuzzy-brained, or emotionally drained.  I'm betting that most of the time, water will be just what you needed."  In this chapter he tells you how vital water is to your healthy, what kind of water to drink, and how it affects your body.  Believe me, you will want to drink water through this whole chapter…LOL

The third force is Oxygenation.  "Where your breath goes, you go.  If it is short and rapid, the body will be stressed and tight.  When it is deep and full, the body is loose and relaxed."  After reading this, you will want to spend a lot more time outside =)

Life force number four is Alkalization.  "Start paying attention not only to food labels but also to the ingredients in your shampoo, body wash, and toothpaste.  These industrial chemicals and the preservative and additives in our food contribute to metabolic acidosis."  I promise you don't have to be a scientist to understand all this, he writes in a way that is understandable.

The last life force he talks of is Detoxification.  "Take care of the other four life forces--proper nutrition, hydration, oxygenation, and alkalization--in order to boost your detox system.  Otherwise, you can't expect your body to fight off disease and rid you of the harmful substances you inadvertently take in."  It's a powerful chapter on how your body can fight off diseases if you take care of it.  You are either feeding the disease or fighting it.

I really can't stress enough how much this book will change your life…literally.  This is not just a book for a nutrition fanatic, it's a book for a person who wants to get healthy but doesn't know where to start, or for someone who is healthy but wants to take it to the next level.  I read this book in about 2 weeks, because I couldn't put it down.

It is so important that we are aware of what we put into our bodies and that we learn how to best take care of them.  We are only given one life, so why not make it a great one and a healthy one.   The human body is the most amazing thing that God has created, so let's take care of it and teach our kids to do the same.

What amazes me today, is that the healthy person is oftenfrowned upon, or made fun of, like some weirdo.  On the other hand, the person who eats at Fast Food restaurants everyday is perfectly normal.  All the time, people tell me I'm too skinny or that I need to eat more, which is crazy to me because no one would ever tell someone who is overweight, that they are too fat.  We basically encourage people that are overweight, and look down on people that are in shape.  That's the craziness in our world right now.  So let's change it!!!

Get this book and revamp your health on your own.  You don't need to follow some crazy diet or jump on the newest and greatest fitness craze.  Change your lifestyle because you care about yourself, and want to be around for your kids and their kids.  Besides the more we as a nation demand healthy food that is not processed, the more the manufacturers will produce what the people want.

If you want to get this book, Click Here.  I can't recommend this book enough, especially for those of you that follow me and take my clean eating challenges.  Here is another way you can learn more on your own and take charge of your health!

No comments :

Post a Comment