Monday, February 16, 2015

21 Day Fix Day 7--Meal Plan and Prep Included for the week

I made it to day 7…yeah!!  The first week has been completed.  It's been a great week so far and I'm proud that I made it through a weekend away as well.

Day 7 was Yoga Fix.  I was really looking forward to taking it easy and getting in some stretching.  While I did get in a lot of stretching…the workout was far from easy!  I often find Yoga workouts to be harder than Cardio workouts.   Either way, it was another great workout, and another sore day for my legs!

I believe that Autumn's reasoning behind getting results so quickly is by working the legs and building them up as fast as possible.  The legs are the biggest muscles in our bodies and once you get them strong they really help to increase your metabolism, which in turn helps you to lose weight.  I can honestly say that is the part of my body that is sore almost everyday.  In fact, I don't even recall a day that didn't involve squats or lunges this week!  However, I'm really looking forward to these results!!

I have switched up my diet this week, and I'm really excited about it =)  I have posted it below so that you can take a look at what I'm eating this week.

This is for the 2nd calorie bracket 1500-1799 Calories, however I do add in 1 more Green, because it helps to fill me up more, without having to move entirely to the next bracket.

Breakfast


PB and Strawberry Oatmeal (1 Serving) (this is soooo good) (also recipe is from the 21 DFE book)
2 Yellow, 1 Purple, 1 tsp

1 cup water
1 pinch sea salt/himalayan salt
1/4 cup steel cut oats
1 tsp PB
2 Tbsp Almond Milk
1 Cup Sliced Strawberries.

Cook the steel cut oats in the water and salt, then add the PB and the strawberries.

I cooked the recipe X 4, so that I would have for the next 2 mornings and not have to make it everyday.   I am having 2 servings of oatmeal per day.



Snack #1

Greek Yogurt with Berries and Cinnamon
1 tsp of coconut oil
1 Red, 1-1/2 Purple, 1 tsp

Mix all ingredients together and enjoy.



Lunch

Turkey Chili  (makes 6 servings, 1 cup each)
1 Red, 1/2 yellow, 1/2 green

1 tsp olive oil
1-1/2 lbs lean ground turkey
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1-1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1/2 sea salt/himalayan salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 (15oz) cans Black Beans (or Pinto), drained and rinsed
1 (15 oz. can) Diced tomatoes, no sugar added
12 fresh cilantro sprigs, finely choppe (for garnish, optional)

I made it easy, but cooking the ground turkey and then just throwing it in the crockpot with everything else on high for 4 hours.




Snack #2

Shakeology
1 Red, 2 tsp, 1 purple

1 cup of water
handful of ice
1 scoop Shakeology
2 tsp PB fit
1 banana

Mix together in a blender.



Dinner

Turkey Meatloaf
1 Red, 1/2 Purple, 1/2 yellow

2 lbs. lean ground turkey
1 cup all-natural salsa
1 cup cooked quinoa
2 large eggs
3 cloves of garlic
1 tsp ground black pepper
Fresh chopped parsley (optional)

Preheat oven to 375, combine everything together, put in a loaf pan, and bake for 60-70 minutes.



Salad
1 Blue, 4-1/2 Green, 1 orange

3 cups of Lettuce
1 cup of carrots
1/2 cup of celery
Mozzarella Cheese (I just fit it in the blue container to measure)

Orange Lime Vinaigrette (makes 6 servings)
1/4 cup 100% orange juice
1/4 fresh lime juice
2 tsp dijon mustard
2 tsp raw honey
1/4 cup extra virgin olive-oil


As you can see, I love to find meals that are easy to prep, and easy to take with you if need be.  I spent probably about 30-45 minutes prepping this food for the week, which is nothing compared to the time it will save you cooking all week long.

Here's what I did for my meal prep for this week.

Breakfast---I cooked 4x the amount of the oats to have for the next 2 days (since i am having 2 servings each day), and cut up the strawberries

Snack #1--no preparation needed, I just throw it together when I'm ready to eat.

Lunch--Cooked up the ground turkey, threw everything in the crockpot…DONE

Snack #2  No prep needed, just blend up the shake when ready

Dinner--I cooked up the meatloaf ahead of time, also made the salad dressing, and cut up the veggies.  So all I have to do is put the salad together and warm up the meatloaf.

Hope you enjoyed this post!!

If you are interested in ordering 21 Day Fix Extreme CLICK HERE!








4 comments :

  1. These are great suggestions. What is a serving size for the meatloaf? A green container?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes 8 servings, and each serving to 1 Red, 1/2 yellow, and 1/2 purple

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been doing 21 day fix extreme since March and love it. I even did C2C once. My question so I do not need to loose weight but I want to build more muscle and I know that autumn follows the 1800 calorie plan. I am 112lbs and 5'4. I am in the lowest calorie bracket but I am wondering if I should up my Calories to the next bracket. My next goal is to do Chalean extreme with the 21 day fix hybrid. Thanks for your input

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a 117 pound girl that is 5'5". I do about 1900-2100 calories, but I consider myself to be pretty active running around with a toddler all day and doing housework. I too, was supposed to be in the lowest bracket, but I was starving! Do you feel hungry at all? If you're not sure, try moving up to the next bracket and see how you feel. This is what I did, and I felt most comfortable on the 3rd bracket because I wasn't hungry. So I would gauge it by how hungry you feel, because you really shouldn't be hungry. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete