Monday, April 16, 2018

Super Simple 80 Day Obsession Week 1 Meal Plan A and Prep

I just finished week 1 of 80 Day Obsession, and to keep me accountable and to help you out, I have decided to do weekly blog posts about my journey to share my struggles and my wins!

A little background about me.....I'm not currently in shape, I USED to be, but then I had my second child.  He is now 1, and I'm finally getting back to taking care of myself and being the best version I can be!   So being the beachbody lover that I am, I decided to take on the challenge of Autumn's new program, 80 Day Obsession.

Until I started this program, I had really been struggling with eating LOTS of sugar!  Well maybe not TOO much, but I felt like food was my only excitement during the crazy time of raising a baby in his first year.  I was so tired all the time, so the only thing I would look forward to is an ice cream cone at the end of the night, or a donut whenever the urge hit.

Sure there are seasons for everything, and maybe that was party how I survived the first year, but I can't continue to live that way, by just allowing myself whatever I wanted when I wanted it.

So.....80 day obsession is my first start in being disciplined again, especially with food!

The cool thing is that this will go into other areas of my life, such as blogging, or spending time with my kids.  Once you start to discipline yourself in one area, it's a lot easier to carry that over into other areas.   Which is what this girl needs right now, and maybe you do to!

Momming is hard, kids can be challenging, and just trying to find time to take care of yourself is the hardest part about it all.

But not anymore girl, this is your time!  Get out that workout program you've been thinking about, go get that gym membership, allot some extra money in your budget for organic, or get a coach who can help you get started if it's too hard to do on your own!  P.S.  I happen to know a great coach =)

Anyway, here is the meal plan that I used for my first week of 80 day obsession.   Now if you don't know me, I am all about SIMPLE!!  I'm a mom, I don't have time for extravagant meals and meal planning, I keep the meals simple and the prep simple, because that's how I live =)

P.S.  Eating simple for me, means eating the same thing everyday for a week, and then switching it up the next week, because well that's easier!

So here it is......



80 Day Obsession (Plan A) Week 1

Pre-Workout Meal (60-90 minutes before workout)

2 Eggs (cooked over-easy)  1Red
1 Slice Sprouted Toast         1Yellow
Spinach                                1Green
1 tsp butter                           1 tsp


Pre-Workout Supplement (20-30 min before workout)

I don't currently use on but if you do take it here

During Workout Supplement--(during workout...duh)

I do not use this either, but if you do add it in

Post-Workout Supplement (WITHIN 30 min AFTER workout)

Recover Drink (I use Garden of Life's Sport brand)
1/2 banana                                                                                     1 Purple
1 tsp Peanut Butter                                                                        1 tsp
10oz. water             

Post-Workout Meal --(1-2 Hours after workout)

Pasta                                   1 Yellow
Butternut Squash (cubed)  1 Green
chicken                               1 Red

Meal 1

Plain Yogurt                  1 Red
Strawberries                  1 Purple
cacao nibs                     1 tsp.
Sprinkle of Cinnamon 

Meal 2

Carrots                                 1 Green
Cashews+Sunflower seeds  1 Blue + 1 Orange

Meal 3

Broccoli                       1 Green
Ground Beef Burgers   1 Red

Recharge supplement (30 min before bed)

I do not use this one either, but if you do, nows the time =)


MEAL PREP INFO


I cannot stress how simple this is...seriously it will probably take less than an hour. 

1.  Cook Pasta for the week, once cooked put into your yellow container to measure it and put into portions.

2.  Cook Butternut Squash--cube it and sprinkle with salt and pepper, and a touch of olive oil, then roast in your oven at 400 for 30-40 minutes.

3.  Cut up your broccoli and carrots (if not already cut up), then measure them out by using your green container.  You can cook them now, eat them raw, or cook at the time you make your meal.  I like to have my veggies fresh, so I wait and steam them until right before I eat.  But be sure to separate them out into bags, so you can quickly throw into the steamer or just eat raw.

4.  Cut up strawberries and measure out with purple container.

5.  Cook chicken in crockpot--just sprinkle with salt and pepper and put on low for 6-7 hours, or hight for 2-3  hours. 

6.  Cook burgers---I add in salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, fresh garlic, and hot sauce, and then I form into patties and cook in my skillet.

Everything else is pretty much put together as you go.  The yogurt you can just measure out as you go, as well as the cashews, sunflower seeds, and stuff to put in the shake. 


There it is my Week 1 SUPER SIMPLE menu and meal prep!

Good luck on your first week!  Be sure to check back for more menus, and tips as I work my way through.


XOXO Natalie

~Certified Holistic Health Coach
~Wellness Advocate for Doterra Essential Oils
~Lover of all things health and wellness =)


No comments :

Post a Comment