Monday, March 9, 2015

Sausage, Green Pepper, Onion, Pineapple Stir Fry

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for stopping by to check out my latest post!

Today, I want to share with you a yummy new recipe, I somewhat came up with.  The reason I say somewhat, is because I got the recipe off of my Team Beachbody Meal Planner, but tweaked it a little bit to make it more yummy to my taste buds.


I want to let you in on a little secret…you see I used to like rice, fried rice, any kind of rice, until I married an Asian =)  Let's just say having rice every night for almost the first two years of our marriage really made me start to hate it.  My husband can eat rice everyday, for every meal, until forever.  I on the other hand like rice, but it became a little much.  I'm also the type of person that needs something else to flavor the rice, besides just soy sauce all the time.   So, knowing that I was going to have rice with my dinner, I decided to spice it up in a way I would actually eat it.  Because the way I do meal planning is by eating the same thing 5-6 nights in a row, so once I go shopping for the week, I'm stuck with this meal.

Without further ado, I bring you Sausage, Green Pepper, Onion, and Pineapple Stir Fry for white people…LOL

Sausage, Green Pepper, Onion, Pineapple Stir Fry (1 serving)

5 oz.    Turkey Sausage
1/2       Green Pepper
1/2        Onion
2/3 cup  Canned Pineapple

Topping

2 Tbsp. of Pineapple Juice
1 tsp.     of Olive Oil
1-2 tsp.  of Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp.  of Lemon Juice

1/3 cup of Cooked Rice

Here's how I meal prep this for 6 days.

First, I cook up 30 oz of Turkey Sausage.  Then I throw 2 cups of rice into the rice cooker.  While that is cooking, I cut up 3 Green Peppers, and 3 Onions, and divide them up into 6 containers.  Each container contains 1/2 Green Pepper, and 1/2 Onion.  I open up 1 can of pineapple, and then continue opening other cans during the week as needed.

Once everything is cooked, I put a little Olive Oil in a skillet, toss in green peppers and onions, and cook for a couple minutes.  Then I add the rice, sausage, and pineapple.  Once everything is to the temperature you want it, simply mix up the dressing and throw it on everything, then take off of the heat and ENJOY!!

It's really simple to make and it has sooooo much flavor.  Here's a pic of mine!




No comments :

Post a Comment