Monday, September 29, 2014

Book Review: "The Compound Effect"

Today I want to tell you about a very important book that has changed the way I live.  As you saw in the title, the name of the book is "The Compound Effect."  The things that I learned from this book are so simple, yet can be so complex all at the same time.  I hope you will take a minute and read below, because i believe it can change the way you think and live.


Let me start off by saying, that since college I really have not read a whole lot of books.  Sitting around and reading is just not something that I do on a typical basis.  However, when I signed up as a Beachbody Coach in September of 2013, one of their vital behaviors centered on Personal Development.  Being that i wanted to become a successful coach, I started doing the things that successful coaches do.  Since that day back in September, reading has become an integral part of my life, and I have read over 15 books in just one year.  It baffles me to think that is even possible, but when you take time to read just 10 pages a day, it can be done.  I usually try to spend a half hour a day reading or researching something i want to learn more about, in order to better myself.  Because of my commitment to reading each day, I have grown so much in the past year in all aspects of life.



"The Compound Effect," was one of the first books that I read on my journey to becoming a successful coach.  Before I read this book and even before Beachbody, I always had this drive to be successful, but i didn't know how to get there.  This book taught me how to get there!  The main takeaway from this book is that the little things you do everyday, whether they be good or bad, will add up in time.  I love how he constantly says, "they are easy to do, but they are easy not to do."  For instance, reading 10 pages of a book each day.  It's easy to do, but it's also easy not to do.  You may be tired, or you don't feel like waking up 10 minutes earlier, etc…  However, if you do read 10 pages a day, it adds up. You end up reading 15-20 books a year, and learning so much more than the person who didn't want to take the time to do that.  It's such an interesting way to look at things.  I was completely blown away by this super simple concept.  Being successful doesn't happen overnight.  Those people that are successful are doing little things everyday that are adding up overtime and eventually they get to where they want to be.  A lot of people do not understand this concept, because they don't realize how much time and effort people have put in over they years to get to where they are.  They think they can just get there in a couple days and when that doesn't happen they quit.  We live in an instant gratification society, in other words we don't want to wait for success, we want it to happen now without having to do the work.



If you are looking for something to help you maximize your potential and reach your goals, this book will teach you how to do it.  As i said before, such a simple concept that will pay huge dividends if you are consistent with what you do on a daily basis to reach your goals.  I hope that you have found this review helpful!  Now go be successful and start with "The Compound Effect."

Click Here to get the book.










No comments :

Post a Comment